Sunday Family Stories - My office...

473YKNT3964P

This story is not mine, but has been told to me many times...

One of my mother's favourite baby gear products when we were growing up had to be the playpen... the precursor to the pack n' play... I was the first of three kids in fairly rapid succession and I'm sure that the playpen started out as a way to keep each of us contained, but it became more than that...

It became the place where the Christmas tree was placed to keep away from prying fingers... and more importantly it became my office...

Remember - I'm the eldest of three... and as important to this story, a precocious brat... but I loved to colour, draw and write stories from an early age and hated it when my younger siblings started to destroy my work... so instead of caging the two small beasts.... my mom put me and my crayons, glue, scissors etc into the playpen and made it my 'office'... I was safe behind the mesh and my projects couldn't be drooled on, chewed or attacked ... and if I wanted out, I could get out on my own... leaving the mess easily contained for mom...

My mom was always good about thinking outside the box and making things work for our family... and also a good story teller... cause this one gets told all the time :)