MMMMonday and an announcement!

I've renamed Make it Mondays - cause everything I make is MmMm good.. okay not really, but I hope that the recipes I post here are both yummy and low cost...

and the announcement is that starting this Wednesday, Acting Balanced and Couponning101 will be featuring guest bloggers with posts I know you will be interested in reading!  If any of my blogging friends want to contribute to Wednesdays with Friends please just shoot me an email here! and let me know what topic you would like to cover...I'm up for just about anything :)

So without further adieu... today's MMMmmmonday Recipe is:

Pina Colada Spring Cake!

This is so simple and I stock up on the ingredients to have on hand...

1 angel food cake mix
1 15.9 oz can of crushed pineapple/with juice
1 cup of sweetened coconut divided
1 tub of cool whip topping

Preheat the oven to 350F and spray a fluted bundt pan or angel food cake pan with baking spray (or you can make a 13x9 rectangular cake - its flexible)

In a bowl mix the angel food cake mix with the crushed pineapple until thoroughly incorporated, then mix 1/4 cup of coconut into the batter

Sprinkle 1/4 cup of coconut into the pan and then pour in the cake mixture

Bake cake according to package directions - it will probably need the longest length of time specificed because the pineapple is juicy.  Test cake with a toothpick for doneness.

Let the cake sit for a few minutes before releasing from the cake pan.

Let cake cool and frost with cool whip and top with remaining coconut