Awards... :)

It's so much fun to become part of a blogging community and share not only with friends and family, but also to share with a warm and fabulous group of fellow bloggers who understand that not only do we want to see that people are visiting our pages but also that we are starved for comments and followers...  One of the fabulous things that happens when you make blogging friends is that you can share the love by giving and receiving awards and today I was lucky enough to receive:

 
from Jamie at My Kitchen to Yours  whose wonderful blog is so much fun! If you haven't visited her yet, you need to click on this link

Instructions for the award:
1. Thank the person who gave you the award.
2. Paste the award on your blog
3. Link the person who nominated you for the award
4. Tell 7 interesting things about yourself
5. Nominate 7 bloggers or less
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominated.

Seven interesting things about myself (in no particular order)

  1. I am a speed reader... I don't like putting down a book once I start it either... so you will often find me hiding in the bath tub (refilling the hot water) for the hour it takes me to get through a book...
  2. Along with number 1, I like to read trashy romance novels... I read so much that trying to read different versions of War and Peace all the time is hard to do, so I like to mix in liberal amounts of good trash reading
  3. I belong to a wonderful organization called PEO and we raise money for scholarships and educational loans for women, and the fellowship with other PEOs has helped me to move to new cities in far off areas... and land on my feet
  4. I like to tweak recipes... no matter how good the original was, I have to add my own flair... sometimes with not so great results
  5. I am a rampant couponner and share my coupon and saving knowledge by giving seminars and on my other blog - couponning101.blogspot.com - which if you haven't visited yet, you SHOULD!
  6. My best Publix shopping trip ever was getting $132.21 in groceries for $11.60
  7. I haven't cut my hair in almost two years because I am loyal to one hair dresser and she is home in Toronto and we haven't been able to visit due to immigration issues (which have finally been fixed!)
Now for some great blogs to visit:

The Lady Bloggers - a new blogging community that includes great blog rolls, features bloggers and provides tips (including two by yours truly)


Out of the Box Into the Kitchen - my friend Heather has finally taken the plunge into blogging and is sharing great from scratch recipes!

Karlospohies - a blog by a fab Aussie!

It's Blogworthy - a neat blog by someone I met through SITS and have started to follow

Sarahcasm - a blog by a fellow Torontonian... cause I miss real Canadian sarcasm

MizDinah - this blogger from BC may be too busy at the winter Olympics to post lately, but check out some of her work anyway - worth the read!

Flicker's Lair - another great Canadian Blog